March 31, 2021
Achieving Great Results with OKR Software: Best Practices of 2021
In 2021, most forward-thinking organizations utilize simple yet powerful tools, including Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for goal-setting and performance improvement. With this business practice, corporate leaders can create common quarterly objectives, set alignment between the teams, implement metrics to quantify the results and execute the right plan of action to unlock success. The OKR software enables business leaders to communicate the company’s vision to their teams, prioritize their goals for the quarter, and ensure everyone moves in the same direction to attain great business results.
When implemented successfully, the OKR software enables organizations to:
- Bring clarity on the ambitious goals and measurable outcomes that organizations want to accomplish, thus unlocking the path to improved performance and success
- Define the key results against each objective and then set the focus, alignment, rhythm, and priority, thus optimizing the overall business results
- Adopt OKRs to create an agile system of accountability comprising of common goals, quantifiable outcomes, and team collaboration, enabling employees to know their contribution towards taking the company forward
- Gauge performance by regularly reviewing individual/team OKRs during weekly/monthly check-ins. This drives operational excellence as business leaders focus on achieving the best results through innovative learnings and the right battle rhythm.
Here are some of the good OKR practices that organizations must follow in 2021 to effectively manage business objectives and drive the best results:
- Realign Organizational Goals
As the business strategy evolves, leaders must update OKRs as per their time preferences- be it quarterly, monthly, or yearly. Many organizations set quarterly OKRs to provide a clear vision and create a channel for timely assessment of individual performances. But the timeline can be tweaked as per the preference of the organization. Managers can refresh and realign individual/team OKRs as per the new business strategy to drive higher focus on the priorities, set the right rhythm, and improve the overall results.
- Bring Agility to Achieve Results Faster
The wide gap between strategy and its execution slows the overall growth of an organization. Therefore, it is essential to bring speed and agility while mapping quarterly goals with utmost transparency, communication, and the right direction. The OKR software helps to bridge the gap between strategy and execution by focusing on what matters the most and providing clarity to each team member to ensure faster results.
- Set Cross-functional Team OKRs
Enterprises implement OKR methodology to set cross-functional OKRs, ensuring different people from different business functions come together for a common goal or objective. This approach enables an organization to reinforce its important goals and set a clear vision while progressing towards the end of the quarter or the year. Also, team OKRs improve overall communication across the organization and ensures faster business growth while accomplishing the desired outcomes.
- Sustain an Outcomes-aligned Approach
The successful adoption of OKRs enables organizations to adopt an outcomes-first approach. As a result, business leaders shift their focus on ‘why’ they need to prioritize their goals rather than ‘what’ and ‘how’ of the things. So, an outcomes-aligned approach enables every team to drive innovative solutions to meet quarterly, monthly, or even annual goals and attain measurable outcomes.
To drive the best results and accelerate performance, organizations are increasingly utilizing the powerful OKR software. The way to learn about OKRs is by implementing them in business. Unlock: OKR is the one-stop solution to manage quarterly/annual goals for your organization while keeping the focus on the priorities, speed, transparency, outcomes, and rhythm. You can also Book a Demo to explore how Unlock:OKR helps unlock potential and business success with its intuitive and intelligent features.